Department of Pediatric at RAIGAD HOSPITAL & RC is one of the major department. It has separate O. P. D, & Pediatric ward in the THIRD floor. The N. I. C. U, which is part of department of Pediatrics, is situated in B WING GROUND floor of the hospital.
O.P.D of Paediatrics
Like other O. P. D’ s we also have 4 consulting chambers. One of which has assigned to Pediatric Surgery. We also have playroom, Dressing room, Immunization room, Under five clinic room and a Seminar room with a capacity of 40 people. The monthly attendance of the O. P. D is around .
Under Five Clinic & Immunization Clinic
Under Five Clinic and Immunization Clinic, are conducted every Friday in the Pediatric O. P. D. Under Five Clinic is unique in that the children between birth to five years of age are covered giving immunization. They are also monitored for growth and immunization. The mother’s are advised regarding breast feeding child rearing practices and family planning. The faculty of department of Community Medicine, OB. Gyn. coordinate with the Under Five Clinic. The treatment and drugs are given free in this clinic.
The Paediatric ward has 24 beds . The beds are manned by Staff divided in to 3 units. The Paediatric Ward also has 10 bedded Paediatric ICU with Ventilatory facilities.
The average admissions to Paediatric ward is around 1200 – 1400 per year.
All the patients admitted to Paediatric ward GET treatment including drugs and food.
The Paediatric ward offers free blood transfusion therapy to Thalassemia,The Paediatric ward also has 5 BED NICUs one the High Tech level III care NICU, with ventilatory care, The Paediatric Department also has established the Mother care centre..
With the exception of complex congenital heart disease surgery and bone marrow transplant, we are equipped with technology and personnel to handle all major diseases. The PICU/NICU area is well equipped for life support. We have ultramodern equipments and infrastructure on par with the other hospitals. The neurology department is fully equipped with video EEG, portable EEG, and we use these facilities in the Pediatric department all the time for our patients. Other facilities include:
- Fully equipped separate NICU + PICU
- Individual thermo regulated environment per child
- Life support for the smallest new born and upto 18 years
- Specially trained nurses for newborns and children
- Postgraduate residents on call 24*7
- Full time intensivist in charge
- Infection control programme according to HIS + CDC guidelines
- Best practice guidelines & protocolised care followed according, to national and International guidelines
- Morbidity and mortality comparable to international PICU and available for review
- Renal Replacement Therapy including CVVH